Jeremy Churchwell, Divorce and Family Law
A Jefferson County native, Jeremy began his legal career with Rainwater, Drinnon & Churchwell, PLLC after graduating from the Nashville School of Law in 2010.
While in Nashville, Jeremy worked full time and attended law school in the evenings. He served as a law clerk for the Honorable Muriel Robinson and the Honorable Philip E. Smith, Judges of the Fourth Circuit Court for Davidson County, Tennessee, 20th Judicial District. As a law clerk, Jeremy assisted the judges with dozens of cases in various areas of divorce and domestic law. He gained invaluable experience during his time in Nashville.
In his practice at the firm, Jeremy immediately hit the ground running in the legal arena. He has represented numerous clients in divorce, child custody, and juvenile litigation, and has defended numerous others against misdemeanor and felony arrests. Likewise, he has handled several civil cases involving personal injury and civil rights matters.
Outside of work, Jeremy enjoys spending time with his wife, Trish, and their son, William. Jeremy also enjoys hunting, playing golf, and just spending time outdoors.
Areas of Practice:
- Post-Divorce Actions
- Child Support/Contempt
- Juvenile Proceedings
- Dependency & Neglect/Delinquent & Unruly Charges
- Paternity Actions
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- General Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense (Misdemeanor & Felony)
- Orders of Protection (on behalf of Petitioners & Respondents)
- Land Use & Zoning Issues
- J.D., Nashville School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee, 2010
- B.A., Tusculum College, Greeneville, Tennessee, 2006
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Philip E. Smith, Judge of the Fourth Circuit Court of Davidson County, Tennessee, 20th Judicial District (03/2009 – 09/2009)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Muriel Robinson, Judge of the Fourth Circuit Court of Davidson County, Tennessee, 20th Judicial District (03/2008 – 03/2009)
- Administrative Assistant for the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury – State Board of Equalization (03/2007 -03/2008)
- Assistant Zoning Compliance Officer at the Jefferson County Zoning Office (07/2005 – 12/2006)
- Deputy Assessor at the Jefferson County Property Assessor’s Office (07/2003 – 07/2005)